Friday 7 March 2014

Parachute Advansed Ayurvedic Hair Oil~good things take time?

When someone says 'Hair oil' the most common picture that pops up in my head is that of a parachute coconut hair oil. It is the most easily available brand in India.
I came across this parachute ayurvedic hair oil some days back. At first i went past by it, thinking how different can it be from it's other variants? However i gave into the little devil called 'temptation' and picked up the product. As i started reading the ingredients and the expected results, i got super excited to try it. 

Product claims

Parachute Advansed Ayurvedic Hair Oil nourishes the hair roots and scalp and controls hair fall effectively. It gives us long, thick and beautiful hair.  It also promotes hair growth,  reduces dandruff and prevents premature greying. Parachute Advansed Ayurvedic Hair Oil makes us hair to stay truly healthy.

ingredients-


Amla, Ghritakumari, Methi, Mehendi,  Nagarmotha, Coconut oil/Excipients , Sugandhit Dravya.

price-

Rs 43 approx for 95ml







Personal Experience-

(my hair type- long with oily scalp and dry ends which get entangled & hence break alot).

The fragrance of the hair oil is not very pleasing. It can be a problem to some but for me if a hair product works well, i can bear with it.
It looks like a golden/ brownish thick oil with some fine particles here and there. 




Although it looks thick it is not like those heavy hair oils, which are difficult to wash off. I usually dilute my shampoo while washing my hair and it takes me 2 washes to get the entire product washed away.
It has been asked to leave the oil overnight however i used to apply the oil early in the morning and wash off in the afternoon as i usually tend to catch a cold if i leave any oil overnight. After using this oil for a month ( that is, once or twice a week) i can say that effects tend to improve with time. After the first wash i did not notice any miraculous reduction in hair fall. However i did notice that my hair was getting less entangled. It was much easier to comb through and felt much more silky than before. & hence i experienced less breakage.
I especially love the way my hair looks on the second day after washing my hair with this oil. It looks neat and gives me a little bit of bounce and shine. Talking of dandruff, it did reduce the appearnce of it with time. As far as greying of hair is concerned i cant comment on it as i am not facing that problem. But since it contains amla it might be beneficial for those with grey hair as well. 

pros-

1. nourishes hair well
2. makes hair easy to comb through & hence less breakage
3. contains all effective ayurvedic ingredients
4. very reasonable
5. makes hair look beautiful on the second day, especially

cons-

1. does not reduce hairfall miraculously
2. fragrance may trouble some

Last Words-

I understand that what might suite my hair might not suit everyone else. However, The brand Parachute is a reputable one in India and the price of this product is also not very high. Considering these two facts this product can be given a chance atleast once. What i have realised is that this product tends to perform better if you give it some time and be patient. Also apply it regularly and leave it on for as long as possible.



5 comments:

  1. I love hair oils! I think apart from eating well, oiling your hair is the second best thing you can do for it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your post on the 100% pure patanjali coconut oil product. for more information visit our website now ayurvedic hair oil

    ReplyDelete
  3. how to become slim and fair Good to become visiting your weblog again, it has been months for me. Nicely this article that i've been waited for so long. I will need this post to total my assignment in the college, and it has exact same topic together with your write-up. Thanks, good share.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your blog provided us with valuable information to work with. Each & every tips of your post are awesome. Thanks a lot for sharing. Keep blogging,

    home remedies for dandruff and hair fall

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading and please do share your thoughts! I read all your comments and try sincerely to reply to each one of you :)